The Tour Assistant will help coordinate tournament operations including; marketing, promotion, course set-up, rules officiating, scorecards and scoreboard sheets, committee liaison, starting and scoring, groupings and starting times, photos, updating social media, press releases, reporting summary event wrap up, and building relationships with junior membership and parents.
Individual must possess strong interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, be willing to work long hours, be a "team" player and have a passion to be a positive influence on young people. There is an opportunity for advancement within the organization based on performance.
· Service and customer focused attitude
· Experienced in; Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficient in other applications, i.e. Social Media, Email, Internet. Will be trained in BlueGolf Tournament Software
· Knowledgeable in the Rules of Golf
· Calligraphy skills a plus to enable the creation of signage, score sheets, etc.
· Experienced in written and oral business communications
· Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
· Self-motivated with desire to promote and market
· Effective interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all constituencies
1) You will work under 3 PGA professionals with Class A standings and PGA-PGM Apprentices
2) You will have an opportunity to travel all over the state of Michigan to premier golf courses.
3) A wide variety of job duties: running junior tournaments, working in the pro shop, working in the tour office and teaching
4) A perfect job if you are one that does not want to get stuck in a pro shop or outside running carts all day, every day.
5) A great opportunity to be involved with hundreds of junior golfers and to be able to make a difference in their lives.
6) A fun experience in dealing with many different areas of the golf business and the opportunity to make contacts within the business.
7) Working with a friendly staff that is more than willing to help you with your golf game and PGA PGM books.
Free Housing Available, Full use of Foundation Golf Center and Island HIlls Golf Club in Centreville, discounts on all merchandise for personal use.
On average $250 - $500 per week depending on performance and experience
Food and lodging on event days
Start: May 2017/End: August 2017
Deadline for Resumes:
Send resume Via:
PGA Golf Professional
Game Of your Life Foundation
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com